Sunday, 11 January 2015

Back to Blogger, and the Box Cab again

Well, my experiment with Wordpress didn't work out too well. It turns out that hosting it myself was a much bigger headache than using Blogger for very little gain, so I moved the blog back here some time ago. In the process a number of the the image links broke, and I've spent a few hours fixing these so they should all be OK now. Please comment if you find any that aren't.

I don't have a great deal of new stuff to contribute - there is some progress on the JZ bogie coach from my Yugoslavian post but not enough to be interesting yet. So I'll fill in with a couple of photos of the Backwoods box cab in its current guise. It's just about finished - remarkably for one of my projects - and I'm quite happy with the yellow bodywork paint job. It's been rubbed down with T-Cut which has unintentionally given it a rather nice streaky and faded look which isn't at all obvious in the photos. I'm not as happy with the roof, which will have to be re-done. It's a combination of black, silver and blue (I think) which was supposed to be a weathered greying colour but has come out too glossy.

The rivets are a bit too big and the strong sunlight makes these look worse, but there's not much I can do about these now. Also a couple of the handrails aren't quite straight...



No comments: